Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm engaged!!!

Well, I have been quite busy these past few weeks, so it is a good thing I got ahead on my blog for class. The reason I was so busy is mainly because I have been planning and executing my engagement. Last Saturday, I reserved an hot air balloon ride for me and Angela, my fiance. We drove down from Idaho to Heber, where the balloon was waiting, very early in the morning (sorry about waking you up so early, Babe). She was blindfolded when we got to Heber because the main surprise was the ride and not the actual proposal (she knew that was coming once I woke her up at 1:30 in the morning). When she took the blindfold off after a short speech, there was the balloon about to be blown up, and I proposed. It turned out amazing even after days of me stressing over everything. Hot air balloons are dependent on good weather, and the end of January in Utah doesn't exactly offer that stable weather. The ride was good to go, than not, and then good again. It was crazy and I was worried sick things would all fall apart; but like most engagement stories I've heard, the madness stopped and things worked out in the end. I'm sure she would describe it as magical, but I would describe it as really hectic, but magical in the end. It seems that's how lots of experiences that are worth it usually go though. Now, I'm just grateful and excited to be engaged to the most amazing girl I know.

Well, the other reason I've been busy is interviews for physical therapy programs. I went down to Las Vegas to interview at UNLV, my top choice among schools, a few days ago. I think it went well, but I will hear back tomorrow about acceptance. I am nervous, but feel confident about things. Since I am getting married soon, it is the plan that is most convenient for what I and Angela want to do; and just like the proposal, although it is stressful now, I feel it will work out in the end. I really hope so.

Oh, the last thing I want to say this week is "Go Saints!" I am really happy for my favorite quarterback and one of the classiest players around, Drew Brees. He deserves it, but it's too bad for Peyton to lose that way. I still think he'll be the greatest, but it's Drew Brees' night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment